Monday, February 10, 2014

"Easy Peasy All In One"

     Easy Peasy All-In-One Homeschool curriculum had been recommended to me by several other Christian homeschoolers.  I decided to check it out and give it a try. And two words can describe what I think of it...
THANK YOU!

This mother of 6 children has brilliantly written a full curriculum for Preschool-8th grade and I believe she is currently working on a high school curriculum. The curriculum is so easy to follow. Simple to teach, simple to learn.  No pressure on the child. And my favorite part is that her methods of teaching make so much sense to me.  I completely agree with her philosophy on learning to read:

"When you read, you use sight reading. You don’t sound out words. You see them and know what they say. That’s how you can read quickly. Phonics is a tool for reading words you don’t recognize. I teach my children the letter names and sounds. Then I teach them to read by sight words. Then I teach them phonics. Phonics is simple at that point because they can already read. All of this takes two years. I do this before they start “school” so that they can do “school” more independently and more effectively. All of my children so far are very successful readers and can read faster than I can, I who learned with phonics!"

 When I first read this, I thought to myself, "Yes! This is exactly how I feel, but I could never express it so clearly." Again, thank you!

TAKE NOTE: This curriculum is totally FREE! She makes it freely available to the world as a service to the Lord.  She is a devout Christian and shares her gifts with everyone.  I love that she also wants to make the resources available so that everyone is able to homeschool if they are prompted to do so.

How did homeschooling become 100 times easier? Research. Look for the resources. Through the wonderful world of technology and global communication, all the resources we need are at our fingertips.  We just need to look for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment