Friday, January 30, 2015

"My Family" Preschool/Kindergarten Lesson Plan

     We did a week of "Family" themed activities.  This was a very generic subject, but we had fun talking about family members and what they mean to us.  We also briefly discussed how to make a family tree and we made a basic version of one.  Genealogy is am important part of our faith.  We feel it is so important to know about our ancestors and to keep record of their lives, culture, and progress.  I also taught Marley the importance of journals, which made me realize we need to put together a journal for her.  To be continued on another blog post ;) ...

Here is my outline for our "My Family" lesson plan:                        

PICTURE BOOKS:
- Are You My Mother?
- Daddy Did I Ever Say? I Love You, Love You, Every Day
- Song and Dance Man
- All Kinds of Families!


EDUCATIONAL BOOKS:
- Who's In My Family?: All About Our Families
- Me and My Family Tree


WORKSHEETS:
- Big or Small
- Family Counting
- Creative Writing: I love my ________ because...
- Semi Circular Family Tree
- Make Your Own Printable Handwriting Worksheets

A confused look on Marley's face.  I told her to practice writing her name.  After starting, she stopped and said, "Hey, this is not my name.  This is YOUR name!" Haha.  Just keeping her on her toes. ;)

Preschool, Family Tree, Kindergarten
Handprint Family Tree
ART/CRAFT PROJECTS:
- Family Tree
- Family Magazine Collage


GAMES/ACTIVITIES:
- Family Bingo
- Family Memory Game
- Mommy Says (Like "Simon Says")

No comments:

Post a Comment