Saturday, October 11, 2014

Pumpkin Patch Field Trip (includes FREE educational worksheet "Pumpkin Investigation Report")

     Our annual trip to the pumpkin patch was adventurous this year.  I say "adventurous" because we had a very giddy daddy, an energetic 4 year old, a rambunctious 2 year old, and a VERY pregnant mommy.  It was fun, but when we arrived home I was extremely ready for a nap.  There was so much to do and see!

     It has been our tradition the past few years to go to Tanaka Farms.  It is the largest pumpkin patch in all of Orange County and they have so many activities!

     *Wagon Rides
   
     *Kids Tractor Course
   
     *Carnival Games
   
     *Pumpkin Cannon (our favorite!)


     *Corn Maze
(The corn maze was actually a lot more fun than I thought it would be.  Marley was excited about "exploring" the maze.  We split up into two groups (Me and Dylan, Marley and daddy) to see who could arrive at the center of the maze first.  Dylan and I got there first so I was happy to catch Marley's face on camera when she found the center.  She was so happy to have completed the maze.  On the way out she explained to me that she found her way through the maze by looking at footprints in the dirt and trying to follow our tracks.  Um, brilliant!  I was very proud of her tracking skills. ;)


   



     *Pick Your Own Pumpkin
(We picked out a family pumpkin to carve and the girls each got to pick a small pumpkin to decorate.  I made sure to take pictures of the pumpkin's weight to help complete the pumpkin worksheet later at home.)

     I have attached my FREE printable worksheet to enhance the pumpkin picking experience and add some educational value.  I call it the Pumpkin Investigation Report


Chestnut Grove Academy Field Trip Friday Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment