Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Why Homeschooling Is Awesome: Reason #2 - The Teacher-Student Relationship Can't Be Beat

     There is not a teacher on this earth that loves my kids more than I do.  When I first gave birth and looked into my baby's eyes, I knew that I would devote my life to her.  I knew I would do all I could to ensure her safety and happiness.  That sweet angelic gaze solidified my dedication as a mother.  The mother-child bond is the greatest miracle of life.  This is why I firmly believe that a loving mother is blessed with an inspired ability to make the right choices for her child.
     As mothers we usually see our children as pinnacles of perfection.  They are the cutest.  They are the sweetest.  They are the smartest.  This has nothing to do with comparison to the rest of the children in the world.  It has nothing to do with accomplishments.  Parents are supposed to believe that their children are perfect.  By doing so, we are able to give them the support and encouragement they need to achieve their dreams.  Through this unconditional love, our children are able to experience Christ-like love.  There is no better way of providing a path to success for our children.
     It is through lots of questions, research, and prayer that I realized parents are teachers by nature.  An accredited credential does not make someone a better teacher.  It is dedication and care that makes a good teacher.  I've had a handful of teachers that genuinely cared for their students.  They were my favorite teachers.  They were fabulous!  They were the ones that really made a difference. Those teachers made an effort to get to know their students individually.  They were able to facilitate a pleasant learning environment and encourage academic excellence.  When I think of those teachers, I am reminded of how much I love my kids and want to provide the best for them.
     When I seek spiritual comfort, I am assured that I have the ability to provide amazing opportunities for my children to thrive intellectually...because I am their mother and because I love them.

     "My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw.  All I am I owe to my mother.  I attribute my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her." - George Washington

     "I just owe almost everything to my father [and] it's passionately interesting for me that the things that I learned in a small town, in a very modest home, are just the things that I believe have won the election." 
- Margaret Thatcher

     "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness.  If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love." - Stevie Wonder

     "My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person, he believed in me." - Jim Valvano

     "My mother was a reader, and she read to us.  She read us Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde when I was six and my brother was eight; I never forgot it." - Stephen King
      

No comments:

Post a Comment